Jalapeño Popper Chicken
Cream cheese (at room temperature) 8 ounce
Cheddar cheese (grated) 1/2 cup
Jalapeños (minced) plus additional
sliced for garnishing 1/3 cup
Chicken breasts boneless 4
• Preheat oven to 1900C and cover a baking sheet with foil.
• In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped mushrooms and minced jalapeño.
• Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breasts horizontally until almost butterflied (creating a pocket in the center), then scoop 1/4 cup cream cheese jalapeño mixture into the center of each chicken breast.
• If necessary, use a toothpick to keep filling in.
• In a shallow bowl combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
• Beat the eggs and place in a second shallow bowl.
• In a third shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the chicken powder.
• Coat each stuffed chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
• Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg.
• Finally, coat the chicken breast with the breadcrumb mixture.
• Place the coated chicken breasts onto prepared baking sheet.
• Place baking sheet in the oven and bake until chicken is cooked through (about 30 minutes).
Milk/dark chocolate (coarsely chopped) 170g
Granulated sugar 65g
Cocoa powder 40g
Salt 1/2 tsp
Caramel butterscotch sauce as required
• Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl.
• Place the chocolate in a large bowl over hot water to melt.
• Combine the sugar and corn starch in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the milk to the mixture, then whisk together to form a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the eggs until well blended, set aside.
• Add the remaining milk, cocoa powder, and salt to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
• Pour 2 tablespoons of the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs, a little at a time to temper, whisking constantly. Pour the warmed egg mixture back into the pot.
• Bring the mixture in the pot back to a boil for 2 minutes, whisking vigorously. Pour the pudding mixture through a sieve over the chocolate, then let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk to combine until the chocolate mixture is smooth.
• Portion the chocolate mixture into 9 ramekins or cups, placing plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Cool in the fridge for 3 hours.
• Once ready to serve, spoon the caramel butterscotch sauce over the chocolate budino. HH
Read 95 times