Oil 6 tbsp
Boneless chicken cubes 500 gm
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Paprika 1 tsp
Salt ½ tsp
White flour 2 tbsp
Tomato purée 2 tbsp
Water 3 cups
Chicken powder 1 tbsp
Cheddar and mozzarella cheese 3 cups
1. Add 4 tbsp of oil in a cooking pan, sauté garlic paste and add red chili powder, cumin powder,paprika and salt. Mix these ingredients for a minute on medium low heat and then add white flour. Cook for 2 minutes before adding tomato purée.
2. Add water, cover and let it cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3. In a separate pan add 2 tbsp of oil and cook chicken cubes for 10 minutes or until the water dries up.
4. Add 1 cup of tomato purée mixture in chicken, mix it well for five minutes before adding 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Mix well and set aside.
5. Take a tortilla, add cooked chicken mix and roll.
6. On a 12x9 baking dish that is 3 inches deep, spread prepared tomato sauce and place the prepared rolls.
7. Add more tomato sauce on top and spread the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 2000C or until cheese melts for about 10-15 minutes.
9. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Yummy enchiladas are ready to serve!
Whipping cream 1 cup
Mascarpone cheese 1 cup
Sugar 1/3 cup
Coffee 2 cups
Ladyfinger biscuits (as required)
Cocoa powder for dusting on top
(Mascarpone cheese can be made at home: take 6 oz. softened cream cheese, 2 tbsp sour cream, 3 tbsp heavy cream and mix together)
1. Beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
2. Add mascarpone cheese and continue to whip until stiff peaks are formed.
3. Dip ladyfinger biscuits in the coffee mixture — don’t let them sit in the mixture for too long to avoid them from falling apart. A quick dunk in the coffee mix is enough.
4. Spread the biscuits in an 8x8 inch pan, spread the whipped cream mixture on top of it, repeat the biscuit layer and whipped cream process again.
5. Dust cocoa powder on top.
(Best to refrigerate it for 4 hours before serving) HH
The writer is a chef who runs her own restaurant.
Read 8 times